About Me

My Photo
Jennifer M Oliver
I am a photographer, animal advocate & advocate for rheumatic diseases.
View my complete profile
AdeninesGraphixandDesign. Powered by Blogger.

Twitter

Follow adeninesangel on Twitter

NetworkBlogs

Sunday, January 2, 2011

PostHeaderIcon My Reflection of 2010 - My last 2010 Rant

*I did originally type this up on 12/30/10 on my FB page, but thought I would share it all with you here as well*

Well, after re-reading my reflection of 2009, and getting all misty eyed, I decided with New Years Eve looming tomorrow and I wont have a chance to write this before the clock strikes 12, I best hurry my pert bottom up, and write this years reflections down.

It has truely been an amazing and roller-coaster filled ride this year that is for sure and once again, turned out to be, nothing at all like I'd expected lol  Theres still been good and bads and in betweens, but I have to confess, over all, its been an amazingly good year.

In January I had to say good bye to my dad, when he lost his battle vs pancreatic cancer, which still tears me up thinking about it, doing things like celebrating his birthday or fathers day or all those special moments, or those little things that remind me of him, like seeing a train go by... that happen and knowing I cant call him are the hardest.  I think it will be a long time yet before I can look at a photo or think about him and not get teared up.  

The start of the year I was under a lot of stress, December 2009 and January 2010 were the hardest I've been through in some time.  

Springtime came, and my friend Vincent finished College and moved away, so things were sad, as I didnt know many people at all still, I had no cable or internet and times were also very tight and tough.  I wasnt even sure at the time if all my pep talks to myself about pulling myself up by  my bootstraps would work at the time....I did a lot of reading, and spent a lot of time up at the library.....and a lot of time pondering the simple things....

I finally got the okay to have the start of my dental work done, which was painful but worth every ounce...I also got my new glasses....and that helped more than words can say with my own esteem.  I even pondered at one point, moving back to the coast, and then everything changed.

At the end of spring Patti and I started hanging out a lot more, I started helping her more with the puppies and we started a long journey which will go on for a long time yet lol  Sorry girl, youre stuck with me for a while yet haha  I helped out with my first litter that June, and also helped Patti deal with the tragic loss of her beloved MooMoo. I also fell in love with Miss Delli & Stelli who truely stole my heart.  We've learned a lot from each other and been there for each other rough and choppy waters.... Weve learned too we make quiet a team.  From her I even learned to take my photography up a notch and learned a few tricks on how to pose fur-babies too lol She encouraged me and patiently showed me tips and tricks with my photography as well...and Ive taught her how to use a pc and a new cell phone lol

I even started using her camera to take photos of her furbabies and mine.  We got her website started as well, and have slowly gotten her business more solidly built and have grown into very good friends.  Through her Ive also gotten to meet more people and she even drags my lazy butt out and about with her wherever she travels; including our now chaotic errand days.  With her I've finally gotten to see parts of Saskatchewan, some remote southern alberta areas, and I even got to see Calgary at last haha.  

Just before summer hit us head on, my nephew Adam Peter was born at long last weighing in at a whopping 9lbs 3oz.  My SIL got my deepest sympathies lol It has been amazing getting to see the photos of him as he grows through time and I cannot wait to see him next month at long last!  Hes a big boy for sure, and is likely as mischevious as his daddy no doubt lol  

Over the summer Patti went on holidays, and I helped Pinkie Pie whelp her first litter all by my lonesome, now its not nearly so terrifying lol  But it was an amazing and exhausting experiance lol  And Patti and her family helped me ring in my 34th birthday with joy and much erm cheer lol  It was an amazing day filled with lots of laughter, cake, burgers from the grill, "cheer" and much dancing (apparently i dont recall lol)...the morning after however was not so nice lol

Ive celebrated both my girls' birthdays and the fact that weve spent so much time together and lookign forward to so much more.  I cannot even recall what living without them was like sometimes.  They are my world and mean the world to me even if some might not understand it. 

As fall hit, my second nephew was born, as my sister welcomed her new son, Holden, and he surprised us all by being yes, bigger than Adam lol  So that has been an adventure as well!  

As winters befallen us yet again I got my new camera, of my very own.  The newest and most expensive thing ive ever bought myself lol  However, I also started up 2 online shops and also not one but two websites of my own (which I truely hope to see flourish in 2011) I have had much encouragement about my old passion turned into (hopefully) a thriving business....and it too has done wonders for my esteem; ive also become a part of pattis business as well, which reduces my stress and although keeps us running most days, keeps a smile on my face and joy in my heart.....

So here I sit, reflecting on how much things have changed this year, and how different it was from what I thought it would be, and yet it was one that although started out depressing and rough, ended up becoming an amazing year with much laughter, a few tears, meeting many new and amazing friends, reconnecting with old friends and even family too.
Ive learned alot, and grown even more too.  I had high hopes for this year and in many ways lots of that happened, most of it just in ways I never could have expected or predicted either lol  

Ive discovered more about myself, my inner strength and standing on my own two feet, Ive discovered I'm stronger than many think often times and that I have a strong voice & even how to use it (you will all get to see more of that this coming year lol sorry lol)  I get homesick still, but its not as bad as it was last year, (i think my twilight fixes help seeing the ocean and greenery too lol thats my story and im sticking to it lol)  and although I look forward to my holidays home to see everyone, I know this is definately where I belong and I am truely happy here.  

So, finally, the last part of my Reflections.  What do I look forward to and expect for 2011....well, thats a handful lol
I look forward to, come hell or highwater, attending my BFFs wedding in Alaska if I have to swim or/and hitch-hike there; and helping her preserve the memories of her super special day, by being her photographer.  I look forward to seeing both of my new nephews as well as my adorable niece grow and learn and thrive.  I look forward to (heres hoping) watching my businesses grow as well, and me becoming what Ive always dreamed.  Truely independant.  I look forward to watching all the fur-babies learn and grow and all the laughter they share with us each day.  I hope to find a GP still waiting, in Medicine Hat, and getting my physical  health back on track, now that mentally Im feeling better at least.   I look forward to turning my suite from a simple barren suite, into a warm and inviting home, compete with knick knacks real furniture and more lol  

So heres to you all my online friends, my friends, my family both close and estranged; to friends new to friends old and everywhere in between.  Thank you for all of your love, encouragement and support this past year which has meant so very very much to me in a year that started out a living hell, and has slowly turned into more of a paradise.  I am happy to say, I cannot wait to greet 2011 and all of its surprises that it will bring!  

Happy New Year Everyone!!!! I hope its been an amazing one for you all too, see you all in 2011!!!!

My Time

Followers